Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Structure:Data 2013 by GigaOM
Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 7:00 AM - Thursday, March 21, 2013 at 7:00 PM (EDT)
New York, NY
PUT DATA TO WORK
Big Data is past the hype – it’s time to get to work. At Structure:Data you’ll learn how to make the most of the data revolution. Hear how companies are planning for the future, building DaaP, improving management and infrastructure, and using human intelligence to improve and scale machine learning.
Come find out what's next. At Structure:Data we'll explore...
- Saying Goodbye: When Hadoop Does Not Fit: For many classes of customers Hadoop just did not work. Did they have problems scaling? What factors moved them away?
- The Big Data Era Needs Custom Compute: Experts agree that we need a new class of compute as well as new hardware to run it. Get up to speed on what experts are forecasting and what’s needed to integrate.
- Scaling Machine Learning In The Cloud: For many classes of customers Hadoop just did not work. Did they have problems scaling? What factors moved them away?
- The Looming Data Scientist Crisis: Finding talented IT professionals is hard. Recruiting and retaining data scientists is intensely harder. We discuss how to identify, recruit, retain and grow the next generation of data talent.
- Addressing The Tension Between Personalization and Privacy: Every day you give your data willingly. There is no oversight, no ethics and little regard for guidelines. What gives? Money or ethics?
- The Post Hadoop Era - Opportunity Next?: Hadoop is big time. But is it the next platform your apps will be running on?
- Why APIs Are Winning Where Big Data Markets Failed: Big data markets had huge promise. But the API market is stealing big data’s thunder. All good in theory but are the restrictions placed by vendors untenable?
- Mobile Visualization: Ingesting Insights On the Go: Data is getting bigger. It's also happening in real time. How can insight be conveyed on the fly and in smaller formats as data grows?
Structure:Data Startup Package – 10 available for only $2,995
Attention startups! We’ve created a package deal featuring discounted tickets, a GigaOM Research subscription and an invite to an exclusive networking reception. Package includes:
- 3 tickets to Structure:Data (save 25% on each ticket)
- 1 annual GigaOM Research subscription for your company (save 50%)
- 3 invitations to GigaOM Research mapping sessions - an interactive, analyst-led sessions (to use in conjunction with Structure:Data tickets)
- 1 invite to an exclusive networking session
Look for “ Startup Package” for $2995 listed above to purchase. Only 10 available and preference will be given to early-stage startups.
SPECIAL OFFER: SUBSCRIBE TO GIGAOM RESEARCH FOR $199/year.
GigaOM Research takes you beyond the daily news with timely research and analysis on emerging technologies. Enjoy access to hundreds of reports all year long for just $199 (a $100 savings). Subscribe here.
*This offer is only valid for NEW GigaOM Pro subscribers.
Network With Others
If you have further inquiries, please contact us using the appropriate email address below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Structure:Data tickets are non-refundable. However, you may transfer your registration to another person by providing authorization to us by March 1, 2013. For transfers or any other questions about registration, or assistance with any registration problems, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
When & Where
Founded in 2006, GigaOM is the leading global source of analysis on emerging technologies. Our news, research and events provide deep insight on the companies, people and trends disrupting technology and media.